- This event has passed.
Webinar: FDT & OPC UA Empower a Single Approach to Enterprise Integration
FDT Group and OPC Foundation are hosting a joint webinar focused on educating industrial automation end-users and manufacturers about efforts to empower a single enterprise integration platform for secure and managed exchange of performance driven-analytics. This is a key topic with the growth of the IIoT and Industrie 4.0.
The webinar will highlight the latest collaborative developments and the role the FDT for OPC UA information model companion specification plays in evolving digital architecture transformation for the new era of automation. Supporting brownfield and greenfield applications, the unified solution empowers the next generation industrial workforce with open, flexible deployment options allowing sensor to cloud, enterprise-wide connectivity.
The webinar will explore:
- Development work resulting in a device-to-cloud computing strategy that supports configuration, communication, run-time and historical data access, as well as alarming and event services for existing and upcoming devices supported through FDT technology.
- Introduction of an FDT IIoT Server (FITS™) combining OPC UA integration, web services and rich control network interoperability to optimize connectivity and information exchange, and simplifying the move to IIoT.
- Advancement of FDT’s approach to providing access to meaningful, real-time plant information and asset health data with NAMUR NE107 diagnostics with Device Type Managers (DTMs) available throughout the plant topology via a robust network tunneling capability.
- Adoption of FDT for device integration and OPC UA for the communication layer, respectively, of the German Reference Architecture Model Industrie 4.0 (RAMI 4.0).
- Discovery of application use case scenarios and technology demonstration utilizing FDT for OPC UA and Industrie 4.0 through the RAMI Asset Administration Shell.
Learn how industrial organizations can bring systems, applications and devices together to get information throughout the enterprise. With integration of the FDT and OPC UA standards, they have an optimal approach for multi-network intelligent device configuration and data interchange.
For more information on the FDT/OPC UA Collaboration, please read this recent article.
Two webinar times have been scheduled to allow for global participation. The webinar will be one-hour. Please click on the ‘register now’ button for the time that best fits your schedule.
NOTE: Attendees able to attend one of the live webinar times will have the chance to ask question directly to FDT Group and OPC Foundation technical experts.