The primary focus of the FDT® standard is interoperability – between vendors, networks, devices, and host systems. Therefore, a robust and rigorous test and certification program was established early in standard development to help ensure standard and product compliance.
Device Type Manager™ (DTM™) testing is available for:
- FDT/DTMs based off of FDT 1.x
- FDT/DTMs based off of FDT 2.0 (NOTE: A standard certification for FDT 2.0 DTMs is restricted to DTMs using DTM Common Components.)
The official FDT Technology testing software tool, “dtmINSPECTOR,” determines the conformance of all types of DTMs, including test cases to determine compliance with the FDT specification to maximizing interoperability success.
The FDT Group established an independent testing process, where accredited test sites equipped with the dtmINSPECTOR test DTMs for compliance against the FDT specifications – providing end users with greater peace of mind.
Please review the process for FDT/DTM test and certification.
NOTE: A standard certification for FDT 2.0 DTMs is restricted to DTMs using DTM Common Components.
- Applicant finds an FDT-accredited test site to perform FDT/DTM conformance testing and handle all formalities to obtain a DTM certificate from the FDT Group Certification Office.
- The Conformance Test procedure is divided into three main phases: the test setup, the certification test and the test completion
- During test setup and completion, it is to be taken into consideration whether the test shall be performed for FDT 1.x or FDT 2.0 DTMs.
- Once an FDT-accredited test site determines that a DTM has “passing results,” it notifies the FDT Group certification office. The DTM then receives the official certification mark acknowledging specification compliance. The customer will be granted the “IP license right of the FDT Group” to use the FDT Certified Logo according to the FDT Group Corporate Style Guide for certified DTMs.
For more information on testing and certification of FDT/DTMs, and to obtain the official FDT Group document “Obtaining Certificates for DTMs,” please contact the FDT Certification Office.
The FDT Group oversees a worldwide, independently owned and operated network of accredited testing laboratories that are regularly audited to ensure compliance with the FDT testing and certification requirements. The objective of FDT® certification is to ensure interoperability by testing the conformance of DTMs with the FDT specification. Systematic tests performed during the certification procedure, dramatically reducing the probability of interoperability issues and helping avoid potential integration costs and project delays by the user.
FDT Accredited Test Sites
Schneider Electric Automation GmbH
97828 Marktheidenfeld, DE
Phone: +49 (9391) 606-2879
Fax: +49 (9391) 606-4000
Utthunga Technologies Pvt Ltd
No 8/1, Balaji Mansion, Industrial Estate,
3rd Phase JP Nagar Bannerghatta Main Road,
Tel.: +91 80 46543000
DTM testing fees are determined by the FDT® Accredited Test Sites. Pricing varies depending on the complexity of the test to be performed. Please contact the accredited FDT Testing Sites for Device Type Manager™ (DTM™) testing quotes.
The FDT Group Certification Office officially issues the certified DTM certificate. Fees for DTM certification depend on membership status and type. Below is the DTM certificate fee chart:
Certification Fee Schedule for FDT 1.2.x & 2.x DTMs
|Type of Customer||FDT 1.2.x DTMs ||FDT 2.x DTMs|
|Sponsor Member||1st DTM - 1K€ / 1K€ per DTM thereafter||unlimited DTM certificates free|
|Corporate Member||1st DTM - 1K€ / 1K€ per DTM thereafter||unlimited DTM certificates free|
|Affiliate Member||1st DTM - 1K€ per year / 3K€ per DTM thereafter||1st DTM free per year / 2K€ per DTM thereafter|
|Non-Member||3K€ per DTM + 500€ per device type||2K€ per DTM + 500€ per device type|